The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2007-04-11 11:18:47

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

An e-mail from T. Edwards...

I have something interesting to share with you guys (and it happens to be my 600th post)...

Back in December, I emailed Tommy Lee Edwards through his website suggesting that his Question mini could be collected under the "All Star" banner.

Here is my email, followed by Mr. Edward's reply which just arrived today:

Greetings!

I've been a fan of your Star Wars material, and greatly enjoyed your work on The Question at DC Comics.  I understand that version does not completely fit in with the continuity direction that DC has decided to proceed with concerning the character, but I am hoping that it will be one day collected as a trade paperback.

I was wondering if you could suggest to DC Comics to possibly release such a collected edition under their new All Star Banner, so that way it can be separate from their standard DCU books, and get your art into the hands and on the bookshelves of the fans.  They have retro-actively placed series into their Vertigo brand (V for Vendetta for example), so I would imagine it is feasible.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to seeing your art in the future-
James
j3h

That's a good idea with the All Star Banner, James....

Rick Veitch and myself (and many comic-shop owners) get inquiries about a Question collection almost daily.  DC has no plans to release a trade paperback, and I've given up on asking.  It's one of the reasons I'm at Marvel now.

If there is a place or venue for you and other Question fans to broach this subject with DC (on-line, cons, etc)... Please do.  I'd love to see it collected, as The Question series Rick wrote was the best superhero book I've ever had the pleasure of drawing.

Thanks for the encouraging support.

best,
   tommy lee edwards

So do any of you know of a "place or venue for you and other Question fans to broach this subject with DC (on-line, cons, etc)"   wink  tongue

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#2 2007-04-11 20:03:37

Buckaroohawk

Re: An e-mail from T. Edwards...

Consider the subject officially broached!

Come on, DC, do right by Vic and his fans.  Put that trade paperback together.  You know you really want to.  Get it done.

A Question.  Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited...A Question.

#3 2007-04-12 01:07:02

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

The world deserves one Q? paperback, why the filth not make it the wonderful Veitch/Edwards series?

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#4 2007-04-12 12:36:55

Jazz Noir
Website

The world deserves one Q? paperback, why the filth not make it the wonderful Veitch/Edwards series?

That sort of logic, cannot be denied.

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#5 2007-05-02 13:18:07

NoFaceGuy

I know they had an idea for Q to head to Gotham if the first mini was successful -- I know it didn't, but a trade doing well might change their minds (though Edwards is Marvel exclusive now isn't he?)

Board footer