The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....
  • Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » Didio answers Promo pic questions on Newsarama

#26 2007-03-07 09:49:43

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Re: Didio answers Promo pic questions on Newsarama

Don't trust the Question. It lies.

There have been a few theories as to what this means, one is that it's simply a reference to how mysterious Vic tends to be, telling Montoya half-truths and hiding his sickness from her. Someone on this board (whose name I can't remember) suggested that it has to do with one of the sub-plots in JLA, where Vixen is given a note supposedly from the Question that winds up getting her ambushed. Don't trust the Question, he's dead. The note (it) lies.

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#27 2007-03-07 11:56:50

dcbebop

Don't trust the Question. It lies.

There have been a few theories as to what this means, one is that it's simply a reference to how mysterious Vic tends to be, telling Montoya half-truths and hiding his sickness from her. Someone on this board (whose name I can't remember) suggested that it has to do with one of the sub-plots in JLA, where Vixen is given a note supposedly from the Question that winds up getting her ambushed. Don't trust the Question, he's dead. The note (it) lies.

Crap... I hadn't thought of that  sad

#28 2007-03-07 13:20:25

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Well, personally I'm still holding out that it will turn out Vic has actually been the evil, Ozymandias-esque mastermind behind everything. I'm so desperate, even that would be better than Montoya becoming the Q?.

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#29 2007-03-07 13:45:37

Byrd68

Well, personally I'm still holding out that it will turn out Vic has actually been the evil, Ozymandias-esque mastermind behind everything. I'm so desperate, even that would be better than Montoya becoming the Q?.

I've tossed out neumerous alternatives to his actually being dead I also have to admit that I think that The question as we know him is dead.  I also think that Vic's probably dead as well but I didn't see the whole Ralph/Felix Faust thing comming but like an M.Night Shamylan (sp?) film all the clues seem obvious at the end.

Still I'm kinda interested in how Adfam Huges might do a Montoya as the Question... :twisted:

#30 2007-03-07 16:16:22

Gabo
Little Eno
Website

I still hope the authors of 52 have some twist around the corner. They haven't disappointed me with any of the other arcs...
As for the "It lies" clue, I don't think it refers to JLA#1--- I had understood that all those clues belong actually to the 52 series.

#31 2007-03-07 20:58:26

rinhaak
Website

I still hope the authors of 52 have some twist around the corner. They haven't disappointed me with any of the other arcs...

I'd be pretty surprised if they brought back Vic in 52.  I think the Question arc will end with Montoya, and that if Vic returns at all (and I harbor my doubts that he will), it won't be until the Countdown series. 

That said, if DC were smart, they'd be checking out these forums.  They'd quickly realize that they need the keep Vic in the mix.

#32 2007-03-08 04:56:42

Gabo
Little Eno
Website

I don't think Vic or Montoya will be appearing in Countdown, from what I've read.
I still maintain that there has to be some twist in the Montoya storyline, even if it doesn't involve Vic returning. It all seems so outright obvious now, which has not been the case with the other storylines so far.

#33 2007-03-24 20:33:02

NoFaceGuy

Now that we finally have Montoya taking up Vic's role, the big unanswered question in this arc for me is:

what did the Crime Bible mean by "Questions"?.  Part of me still thinks Renee will continue Vic's legacy by inspiring others a la "V for Vendetta".  The spray painted image we've seen connotes a possible street level movement of some kind.

#34 2007-03-26 09:53:06

Batschach

How did Vic Sage bite the big one?

#35 2007-03-26 12:13:55

Byrd68

How did Vic Sage bite the big one?

Cancer.

• Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » Didio answers Promo pic questions on Newsarama