The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#26 2006-09-03 02:32:22

Jazz Noir
Website

Re: Let's Get Vapid: Vic's Ladies

I'd go with 'The Huntress' all the way. I think se's a brilliant character. 'Cry For Blood' is a fantastic story line. I think they fit eachother perfectly. SHe in many ways is what he used to be.

But, if I had may way, I'd be going for Vic Sage - Connor Hawke. Or maybe Oliver Queen... lol  wink

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#27 2006-09-23 06:53:49

NoFaceGuy

In Identity Crisis, Firehawk made a quip about a friend dating The Question, noting that he anticipated everything, including the break-up, and quoted Nietzsche too much. Who was that friend? Huntress?

Interesting.  I had forgotten that part of "IC".  From reading "JLA #1", it would appear though that the "friend" Firehawk is talking about might be herself! (Meltzer seems to be creating a whole other life for Vic off-panel...)

I also voted for Huntress.  Aside from both being crime-fighters, I see them as one of those stable couples that challenges each other.  He's the calm to her storm.  I also see them as being independent enough people that they wouldn't have to spend all their time together being all "couply" but would return to each other in between cases.

I almost voted for Myra, but she might have to be the one that got away (moreso than Lois since she was just a crush).

#28 2006-10-01 07:38:58

Sai

I voted for other, mainly because I just can't see anything more happening between Huntress and the Question. In Cry for Blood he tried to help her find a kind of inner calm like he did [spoiler]only to have Helena take the path of revenge instead, which he was totally opposed to through out the whole book[/spoiler](Not sure about spoiler protocal, but I'd hate to ruin Cry for Blood). When she did that, she knew that The Question woudn't be able to forgive her, so she [spoiler]effectively chose revenge over him[/spoiler]. That would put a damper on any budding romance. To me, Vic and Helena are too different and too a like in all the wrong ways for them to ever have a stable relationship. Course, I still love the tension between them.

I think Vic and Lois would be cute, but just flirting rather than anything serious. Maybe if Superman had never come to Earth they would have fallen for each other (or the world would have been destroyed countless times over because Supes wasn't there to save it).

But, if I had may way, I'd be going for Vic Sage - Connor Hawke. Or maybe Oliver Queen... 

I could go for that  lol.

#29 2006-10-01 09:42:38

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Welcome, Sai.

Who are you?

#30 2006-10-12 23:38:46

DarkKnightJRK
Website

Call me crazy, but I think from what I read in the new JLA series, that it's possible that Q might meet up/hook up with Vixen. yikes

#31 2006-11-28 16:48:47

Byrd68

I Voted Other because...Vic needs someone to be the Yin to his Yang.
And even though the Question doen't ask for a qualifier I will supply a few.
Myra - Even if were still an option, com'on she's too much like Vic.:?:
Huntress - Haven't read "Cry for Blood", and I won't begrudge Vic gettin' a piece, but he really doesn't need Uncle Bruce lookin' over his shoulder.:?::?::?::?:
Lady Shiva - Same as with Huntress, I can see The Lady gettin' some Vic action and leavin', maybe with a "maybe I'll call you, if I'm in the mood, and it's a Wednesday, when I'm back in town" thing as she walk out the door.:?::?:
Cassandra Caine - Damn, I've gotta catch up. She's gone all evil?  Whose, bright idea was that? Back to the point, great match-up, but it would never last.:?::?::?:
Montoya - Probably the best match for him in the whole DCU except....:?::?:

Oracle :?:
Vixen :?::?:
Black Canary :?::?::?:
Lois Lane (pre-Mrs.Lois Lane-Kent):?::?:
Zatanna:?::?::?::?:
Hawkgirl:?::?:
Powergirl:?::?::?:

Donna Troy, Supergirl ( when she turns 18 ) Wodergirl (same), let Vic (if he somehow survives lung cancer), work his way thru his little Black Book of Super-Heroines:twisted:, because as far as I can see THE WOMAN for Vic isn't out there.

#32 2007-03-02 00:12:04

The Xenos
Website

I voted Huntress.

I might be biased because I first encountered Question through the Huntress stories.

Ok. I might really be biased due to my own previous relationship with a beautiful Sicilian girl.  Um. Yeah. 

Actually, funny story, I couldn't find Cry for Blood to show her when she asked for Huntress stories to read. I only had the Nightwing one and that didn't end well. Ok, neither did Cry for Blood, but I liked the Question / Huntress relationship much better. Certainly it was a better one to show her. As much as I've always liked Dick Grayson and looked to him as a hero, Vic seemed a lot more like who I actually was. Plus Nightwing is more for Oracle and there was a whole thing a friend brought up with redheads that didn't go over too well with her. Um. Yeah. So. Sicilian girls. 

I'm a wee bit obsessed with Huntress after all that.

Oh yeah. Also add in how great the characters were together in JLU.

#33 2007-03-03 01:40:43

Jazz Noir
Website

I'm a wee bit obsessed with Huntress after all that.

And so you should be. The Huntress is fan-dabba-dosy. lol

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

Board footer