The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#26 2006-10-13 10:37:14

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Re: The Question and His Roots

Not if I get there first!  wink

#27 2006-10-14 03:17:45

Jazz Noir
Website

Or I get there first, and introduce The Question's new sidekick: Jazz Noir! wink

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#28 2006-10-22 15:17:11

DarkKnightJRK
Website

Or I get there first, and introduce The Question's new sidekick: Jazz Noir! wink

Sure, but Jazz would have to be handled like Deadpool Jr.. :twisted:

#29 2006-10-23 03:40:16

Jazz Noir
Website

Sure, but Jazz would have to be handled like Deadpool Jr.. :twisted:

Nevar!11one! Jazz Noir will be the most awesome sidekick ever big_smile

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#30 2006-10-23 07:12:06

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Psh,  you know you would get killed eventually by the Mikado, then the Question would cry a lot, then five years later you'd be retconned back to life, thus sucking all the emotional potency out of the story. Though, on the other hand, your death could be what drives the Question over the edge and turns him into Rorschach...

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#31 2006-10-23 13:59:39

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Plus, they'd have a 1-900 number where fans could call in to vote to kill you off. It would be awkward.

#32 2006-10-23 14:14:23

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

You know, if it helps at all I only called in and voted 'yes' to killing you because I don't want Vic having a sidekick, not because of any dislike I felt for your character.  lol

Don't feel bad, after your ressurection Vic will likely suffer a debilitating back injury and you'll get to be The Question for about a year.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#33 2006-10-23 23:26:38

Jazz Noir
Website

You know, if it helps at all I only called in and voted 'yes' to killing you because I don't want Vic having a sidekick, not because of any dislike I felt for your character.  lol

Don't feel bad, after your ressurection Vic will likely suffer a debilitating back injury and you'll get to be The Question for about a year.

You're all so mean! Just you wait. You'll see. You'll all see. Jazz Noir will be the bestest character ever. Grr. :evil:

#34 2006-10-24 01:07:17

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

Oh, I'm just funnin' ya, little buddy. I'm just trying to make sure you keep how badly DC treats sidekicks in your mind.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#35 2006-10-24 07:23:38

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Honestly, why would you even want to be a sidekick? If I wrote myself into a Question comic book (not as Mr. A, but as a psychotic who thinks he's Mr. A) I'd be a priceless secondary character or possibly villain. It's  be so much more interesting and gratifying than having to write about Vic bursting in to save me every time I was captured, or learning how to be a hero from Vic.

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#36 2006-10-24 10:05:48

Jazz Noir
Website

Oh, I'm just funnin' ya, little buddy. I'm just trying to make sure you keep how badly DC treats sidekicks in your mind.

No worries. Maybe I should have used a less grumpy smiley wink

Honestly, why would you even want to be a sidekick? If I wrote myself into a Question comic book (not as Mr. A, but as a psychotic who thinks he's Mr. A) I'd be a priceless secondary character or possibly villain. It's be so much more interesting and gratifying than having to write about Vic bursting in to save me every time I was captured, or learning how to be a hero from Vic.

I use sidekick in the "loosest" way possible. Jazz Noir's role would probably more akin to Orpheus' in Batman ( before his death)

#37 2006-10-24 14:11:49

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Honestly, why would you even want to be a sidekick? If I wrote myself into a Question comic book (not as Mr. A, but as a psychotic who thinks he's Mr. A) I'd be a priceless secondary character or possibly villain.

You could be The Answer!

Who are you?

#38 2006-10-24 16:01:20

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

God, why have they never done that?!

#39 2006-10-24 16:33:06

Bagoth

Sounds like we just discovered the Question's archnemesis.

Question Authority - A virtual comic series coming soon.

#40 2006-11-12 19:05:49

Shaunathan
Website

Has anyone noticed how both Ditko creations The Question and The Creeper were journalists? Do you think Ditko used this device to allow his creations to tackle the subjects of the day?

I haven't read any of Ditko's Creeper books, but I would imagine he doesn't have quite the Objectivist leanings The Question did.

"The mind of man must be RECLAIMED --if not by this generation or by the NEXT, then SOME day. Some DECADE. It is not in MY power to EFFECT the change. I haven't the MIGHT. I am not the ANSWER. I am only the QUESTION."-The Question

#41 2006-11-12 19:47:07

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

I recently transcribed one of the few Ditko interviews, this one with a Marvel fanzine circa the late 60s:

MIKE: Your last two or three strips (Question, Mr.A, Creeper) have all dealt with reporters and mobsters type crime. Is this a personal crusade of yours?

SD: Reporters have an easier, more natural way of getting involved with all types of crime. They are not restricted with set routines or limited in their scope of activities. I prefer conflicts that are based on reality rather than based on fantasy. When you get wound up with super villains, super fantastic gadgets and super incredible action, everything has to be made so deliberately that it all becomes senseless. It boils down to what you want a story to stand for.

In other news, welcome to the board, Shaun!

--Eric

#42 2006-11-12 20:36:15

Shaunathan
Website

I recently transcribed one of the few Ditko interviews, this one with a Marvel fanzine circa the late 60s:

MIKE: Your last two or three strips (Question, Mr.A, Creeper) have all dealt with reporters and mobsters type crime. Is this a personal crusade of yours?

SD: Reporters have an easier, more natural way of getting involved with all types of crime. They are not restricted with set routines or limited in their scope of activities. I prefer conflicts that are based on reality rather than based on fantasy. When you get wound up with super villains, super fantastic gadgets and super incredible action, everything has to be made so deliberately that it all becomes senseless. It boils down to what you want a story to stand for.

In other news, welcome to the board, Shaun!

--Eric

Thanks! I found the board through Vic's MySpace page, and have been meaning to post for a while. I found that quote after I made this post, and started browsing the articles section.  big_smile

"The mind of man must be RECLAIMED --if not by this generation or by the NEXT, then SOME day. Some DECADE. It is not in MY power to EFFECT the change. I haven't the MIGHT. I am not the ANSWER. I am only the QUESTION."-The Question

#43 2006-11-12 20:44:11

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Well, stick around. I hope to have a bunch more stuff up by January, and then I'll still be putting new stuff up probably until January 2008!

Man, I'm sorry I'm so slow guys.

#44 2006-11-13 01:58:22

Jazz Noir
Website

Well, stick around. I hope to have a bunch more stuff up by January, and then I'll still be putting new stuff up probably until January 2008!

Man, I'm sorry I'm so slow guys.

Slow and steady wins the race tongue

#45 2006-11-13 05:43:59

DarkKnightJRK
Website

Psh,  you know you would get killed eventually by the Mikado, then the Question would cry a lot, then five years later you'd be retconned back to life, thus sucking all the emotional potency out of the story. Though, on the other hand, your death could be what drives the Question over the edge and turns him into Rorschach...

Even better: he'll come back because an emo kid with superpowers punched the wall of existence. lol

Board footer