The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2007-04-02 20:25:32

NoFaceGuy

The Question in the Multiverse?

After the big "secret" of 52 is revealed and the multiverse is shown to be back, does anyone think we'll see Vic again (maybe with Ted "Blue Beetle" Kord) boppin around the multiverse separate from the main DCU?  Other than the whole "they lied to Renee" scenario, it's the only hope I have that we'll see Vic again.

#2 2007-04-02 21:52:05

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Re: The Question in the Multiverse?

I have my fingers crossed for this as well. Please oh please Earth-4, come back!

#3 2007-04-03 00:33:25

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

I'm torn between my desire for Vic to be alive, somewhere, and my abhorrence of anything related to the Multiverse concept.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#4 2007-04-03 01:26:26

Jazz Noir
Website

I'm torn between my desire for Vic to be alive, somewhere, and my abhorrence of anything related to the Multiverse concept.

Agreed 100% Although, I think I would prefer Vic to stay dead and there be no multiverse as well.

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#5 2007-04-03 10:55:44

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Why all the hating on the multiverse?

#6 2007-04-03 11:08:58

Jazz Noir
Website

I think it's a stupid, convoluted, unrealistic, confusing idea. It really annoys me. It's utterly unblieveable, even for a comic book.

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#7 2007-04-03 15:51:50

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

I think it's a stupid, convoluted, unrealistic, confusing idea. It really annoys me. It's utterly unblieveable, even for a comic book.

Well I have to say that I like the concept of the multiverse, because if everyone is going to obsess over continuity (remember the reason they got rid of the multiverse was to get rid of continuity)the multiverse is a wonderful toy to do crazy stories without worrying about a stupid story that occured years ago that only 3 people actually remember.

However I do fear one thing. Mortality denial. I love the idea that Captain America is dead! Am I sad that he's gone, yes. I love the concept that The Question can die! Will I miss him, yes. But something that comics seem to have forgotten (for the most part) is that heroes inspire us. And because of this heroes have a legacy that can be carried by those close to them or their family, or just some random nut case. To use the multiverse well, writers cannot make stories where a Vic Sage of a Earth where everything is the same except Vic is still alive comes to whatever Earth most DC Comics take place on and replaces Montoya.

In closing, Multiverse... yeah! But only let Grant Morrison use it! Ok...maybe some other people too. Keep an open mind about it and maybe it'll be fun. Of course it could also be horrible and in case it is, I never said any of this.

Who are you?

#8 2007-04-03 17:49:28

Buckaroohawk

I'm not a big DC multiverse fan.  The whole Earth Prime, Earth 2, Earth 3, blah-blah-blah thing is much too convoluted for my tastes.

It's strange, too, because I'm all in favor of the multiverse theory in our own reality.  But then, I don't have to try to sort out the histories of our multiverse, if in fact there is one.

I find the multiverse makes it too easy to get things muddled, which if I remember correctly is the reason DC made it go away with Crisis on Infinite Earths all those years ago.  So, now it's back until DC decides to eradicate it again in 15 years or so.

On the other hand, if it means Vic might still be out there "Questioning" things, then maybe I'll accept it.

A Question.  Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited...A Question.

#9 2007-04-03 20:39:44

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Just remember, there's an alternate universe where Luke Cage is the Question. Sweet Christmas!

Who are you?

#10 2007-04-03 22:22:14

QuestionPrime

Maybe it's because I support the multiverse theory, but I'm looking forward to the multiverse coming back.

Wait... let me think about this for a moment...

As it stands, the idea that the Superman from Action #1 is not the same Superman from Action #800, but is in fact a Superman from an alternate universe that was destroyed with all the other alternate universes but came back to restore the alternate universes and unwittingly aided an Alternate Lex Luthor's son (from another alternate universe that was also destroyed) in almost destroying reality, which in fact just tweaked it a little... oh and Superboy punched a wall and altered history, but don't ask me where he came from, because then we'd have a whole other story.

Right, I think that's a little asinine. As long as they DON'T DO THAT, it'll be fine. In fact, with the current writers as they are, they probably shouldn't use the multiverse... unless they're Grant Morrison.

Regardless, I think Marvel handles their alternate universes much better, and always have.

-Q?Prime

#11 2007-04-04 17:04:10

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Regardless, I think Marvel handles their alternate universes much better, and always have.

Yeah but isn't that because those are mainly tied into X-Men?

Who are you?

#12 2007-04-04 19:18:02

rinhaak
Website

I have never liked the idea of the multiverse.  What I always like the most in comic characters is a sense that it could, theoretically happen.  Make it believable.  It's probably why I like the Question so much to begin with: he's human and completely believable.  Even the Batman, although a stretch, is possible. 

Then you take a character like Superman, and you can still paint a believable story.  The more you start throwing alternate universes around, you cannot relate to the story anymore.  How can I relate to another universe?  I live in this universe on this earth.  I don't know, it just doesn't add up.  I think it's only a bad excuse to be able mess up continuity.

#13 2007-04-11 06:39:25

von Bek

But with the multiverse we could have stories with Vic Sage without the need to stay true to the status quo of the Earth-1 DC Universe, or even stories with the original Ditko The Question.

#14 2007-04-11 09:48:18

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

But with the multiverse we could have stories with Vic Sage without the need to stay true to the status quo of the Earth-1 DC Universe, or even stories with the original Ditko The Question.

Well, Denny O'Neil already completely ignored the Ditko Question when he took over. So, there's no need to worry about that...*wanders off grumbling about "mullets" and how stupid the name "Charlie Szaz is*

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#15 2007-04-11 10:15:49

dcbebop

If they do Multi-verse Vic stories, I bet he would be closer in character to the JLU Question.

#16 2007-04-11 10:42:58

von Bek

My point was that with the multiverse there could be many versions of The Question co-existing, from a female one (Montoya?) to Ditko´s version. I liked O´Neil´s Question (even with the mullet  wink ), but I would also like to see modern creators take on the classic one (if it worked for the Spirit, why wouldn´t it for The Question?).

#17 2007-04-11 11:41:46

MartianChickhunter

I the the Eternal Champion (von Bek) might be on to something mentioning The Spirit, although I've got a feeling that offing Vic might have been in part due to The Spirit relaunch, so as to avoid character confusion.  Don't get me wrong, I totally dig the new Spirit, but I think DC has something against having too many hat-n-trenchcoat guys.

"Crom laughs at your four winds"

#18 2007-05-02 13:15:44

NoFaceGuy

Earth-4!!!

When's the E4 series coming out???

#19 2007-05-02 18:27:52

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Why the multiverse is good for Vic Sage...check out the cover of Booster Gold #1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/phoenixfire_ink/boostercover1.jpg

#20 2007-05-02 20:09:51

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

You guys all read 52, right?

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#21 2007-05-02 20:19:40

NoFaceGuy

Not to sound ungrateful, but I hope Vic doesn't end up looking the way he does on that Booster Gold cover -- he's got long hair again and the coloring's all wrong! 

But no really -- I'm just happy to see he's not gone for good!

#22 2007-05-02 20:42:14

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

Go dig Week 52, real quick.

Week 52 says that The Question (as well as the other Charlton Action Heroes, evidently) lives on on Earth 4. His card number is 4. Think the other card numbers hold any significance?

Also, uh...is that Monarch?

#23 2007-05-03 05:41:07

Gabo
Little Eno
Website

What a great cover... I may end up buying the new Booster series.
If Vic lives on Earth-4, this means it's the return of the Randist Question?

Maybe this is why they killed most of the Action Heroes? To eliminate their Earth-1 versions and return them to Earth 4?

#24 2007-05-03 11:09:07

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

I'd believe that. Maybe we'll get some kind of Earth-4 Action Heroes series down the line.

#25 2007-05-07 10:42:05

MartianChickhunter

Wow, that cover is pretty sweet.  I never thought I'd see Jonah Hex and Booster Gold on the same page, much less Vic and Guy Gardner.

"Crom laughs at your four winds"

Board footer