The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2007-01-25 13:40:19

dcbebop

Oh phooey....

Arg... Nooooo... sad

Possible spoilers... unfortunately...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=98939

DC is trying to make me cry...

First Jade.. now...

#2 2007-01-25 14:42:59

Byrd68

Re: Oh phooey....

CBR has it too...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ … gi?id=9457

with a little more speculation.

That's Gotham by Gaslight Batman.

And remember that everyone in the foreground (with possible exception of the Question) D-E-A-D, dead. Beetle and Lord died in Countdown to Crisis, Jade during Infinte Crisis, and The Question...well he's not dead yet.  I gotta wonder if this World War III should more appropriately be called "Worlds War III".

I'm definitly looking forward to the return of Earth X, and DC's been talking about a new Captain Carrot series or mini-series, which means a return of Earth C (I can't remember if Earth C bought it in Crisis or poped up after.

Does the possible return of Earth C mean that we need to start a New Thread?  Like: "Which Anthropomrphised Animal do you think should play Q on Earth C?"

#3 2007-01-25 15:12:52

dcbebop

I just think DC has it out for my Fav characters.  First Jade, Now Q (possibly)... if Zatanna dies too I'll have no reason to read DC anymore sad

#4 2007-01-25 15:14:56

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

Captain who?

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#5 2007-01-25 17:02:32

Byrd68

Captain who?

Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew.  Think JLA but with with Funny Animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Carrot

Any way there was some talk of a Darker Grittier version.

Which could be followed by an "Infinite Funny Animal Planet Crisis", Followed by "52.142: Days".  lol

#6 2007-01-25 17:10:51

Jazz Noir
Website

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Redtrinary/Captaincarrot01.png

Look at that picture and tell me that Superman all chained up and about to be... God knows what by a large Purple trunk (and smiling, no less) isn't wrong. Pretty griity stuff in my book lol

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#7 2007-01-25 17:15:27

Byrd68

EDIT: Removed Pic.

Look at that picture and tell me that Superman all chained up and about to be... God knows what by a large Purple trunk (and smiling, no less) isn't wrong. Pretty griity stuff in my book lol

Damn I tried for 20 minutes to upload that damn pic.  How do ya do that.  And I think that's an electric mixer.

And do you really think that's a smile?

#8 2007-01-25 17:36:25

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

This looks like something I'd enjoy the hell out of. Not because I'm a furry or something, but damn do I love surrealism.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#9 2007-01-25 17:44:19

Byrd68

but should this:

Does the possible return of Earth C mean that we need to start a New Thread?  Like: "Which Anthropomrphised Animal do you think should play Q on Earth C?"

or do you want to bat the question around here or ignore it all together.

Like my Bubba Ho-tep question earlier.  Am I the only one whose seen it?[/i]

#10 2007-01-25 17:50:18

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Faceless Ferret = Earth-C version of the Q.

#11 2007-01-25 18:51:55

nerium
Artist in Residence
Website

I've seen it suggested that the little bit of red kinda above where Ted is could possible be The Atom, and that the gold is a Legion flight ring.

You know at this point, whether it's a WWIII tie in or 52 collection image, what it says to me is "Haha! I'm in ur multivrse, killin ur favrit doodz!!!"

"Where's the beer?"
-Nero Wolfe

#12 2007-01-25 18:53:36

Billy

Vic Sage is a Tool

If the current events leading to Vic Sage demise is true. I'll be very angry,  because he was said to be one of the six major players in 52, and all he has been used for is a tool to progress Renee Montoya in her own ongoing series. Greg Rucka has used Vic twice as a tool to progress his female leads, Huntress and Renee.

Man, the Question's involvement in 52 was the main reason I picked it up, and all we got is him playing second-fiddle to Renee Montoya.

Killing Vic Sage gave Greg Rucka the opportunity to write a Renee Montoya monthly, thats the only reason I can see why he is being killed.

And they can't even get his hair color right!!!! His got Red Hair!!!!!!

#13 2007-01-25 19:13:14

nerium
Artist in Residence
Website

You know what Billy- I started out as a big Greg Rucka fan, I think he's a pretty good writer. But I eventually kinda changed my mind and you hit on exactly why- because I just get the distinct impression he's manipulated some characters that maybe none of the other editorial staff really gave half a thought to to like be his own. They're his now, no argument. But the big reason it gets to me is because nearing the end of his Tec run and as he's moving into other books, I kept seeing stuff that I recognize- from his novels and his older work. Stuff that's been recycled and retrofitted. It bugs me. I might not go so far to say as it's lazy or bad writing, it just bugs the hell out of me.

Especially this idea that Vic's been a springboard for Renee; cause I totally see it as that.

"Where's the beer?"
-Nero Wolfe

#14 2007-01-25 20:15:00

Alba Aulbath
Website

Word to Billy; I was trying to pay attention to 52 because, supposedly, Question was a big player. I was expecting him to kick ass a lot in Gotham as its new protector or something.

Unfortunately, all we've got is him being in Renee's shadow. Hell, at least when Blue Beetle died, he had an entire issue to himself. We got into his head a little (until Max shot part of it off). In Vic's case? A lot of running around, a lot of him apparently catching Renee as a replacement for a really bad reason, and now we're spending his remaining days being a shriveled up man who is gonna die anyway.

Unless he gets cured only to die in World War III or something. Hell if I know; after all, that poster is incorrect. According to continuity, Blue Beetle should be a pile of ashes. Hey, if they need to draw Twist-Top Max one more time for a poster with a weeping Superman, then make Ted a pile of ashes, thanks.

#15 2007-01-26 00:07:12

Byrd68

Word to Billy; I was trying to pay attention to 52 because, supposedly, Question was a big player. I was expecting him to kick ass a lot in Gotham as its new protector or something.

Unfortunately, all we've got is him being in Renee's shadow. Hell, at least when Blue Beetle died, he had an entire issue to himself. We got into his head a little (until Max shot part of it off). In Vic's case? A lot of running around, a lot of him apparently catching Renee as a replacement for a really bad reason, and now we're spending his remaining days being a shriveled up man who is gonna die anyway.

Unless he gets cured only to die in World War III or something. Hell if I know; after all, that poster is incorrect. According to continuity, Blue Beetle should be a pile of ashes. Hey, if they need to draw Twist-Top Max one more time for a poster with a weeping Superman, then make Ted a pile of ashes, thanks.

Remember that it's been revealed that the multi-verse still exists or exists again.  Then comes this "teaser image" who is Superman crying about?

There is a reference in Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #6 that mentions meta-humans creating and destroying all of those alternate earths.  Now, I think, all of the DCU Brave New World titles start after 52 and WW3, which means that all of the dead guys could only be dead on one Earth.  Hell, this Vic may not be our Vic at all? What if his cancer is a symptom of his vibrational frequency being off?  Maybe he's like the flowers from Nada Prabit (SP) and can't exist out side of Nada Prabit?

#16 2007-01-26 05:53:10

NoFaceGuy

That promo image reminds me of those "Sopranos" cast photos HBO does every year to promote the upcoming season -- where it's supposed to be filled with hints and be all moody etc.  It's a gimmick that's been ripped off a bunch of times now.

It really doesn't look very good for Vic does it??  sad

#17 2007-01-26 09:54:20

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

I actually saw it in the theather durring it's limited run in NYC. 
My wife H-A-T-E-D it, and still reminds me of that fact every time I say I watch to catch some limited engagement flick in the city.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#18 2007-01-26 10:01:55

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Are we sure this is world war 3?  what earth's superman is it?  what wonder woman is it?  if this takes place durring 52 those two as we know them can't be there. (alt earth Bats makes sense though)

I understand that this is a teaser image, but those bodies couldn't be there together and in non-docomposed condition either (execpt the Question...he'll be all fresh)

So far they have undone most of the significant deaths in 52 (booster, buddy)....so why really kill the Question when his has been the most obvious all the long?

#19 2007-01-26 10:25:13

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

it's official
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99043

#20 2007-01-26 11:04:47

Jazz Noir
Website

it's official
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99043

Well, it could be worse.

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#21 2007-01-26 14:10:19

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

That promo image reminds me of those "Sopranos" cast photos HBO does every year to promote the upcoming season -- where it's supposed to be filled with hints and be all moody etc.  It's a gimmick that's been ripped off a bunch of times now.

Good call, I can't stand that show but none the less, good call.

Who are you?

#22 2007-01-26 15:21:46

Byrd68

I actually saw it in the theather durring it's limited run in NYC. 
My wife H-A-T-E-D it, and still reminds me of that fact every time I say I watch to catch some limited engagement flick in the city.

Yeah, my wife didn't H-A-T-E it but she's wasn't impressed...but what did you think?

#23 2007-01-26 15:24:38

Byrd68

Are we sure this is world war 3?  what earth's superman is it?  what wonder woman is it?  if this takes place durring 52 those two as we know them can't be there. (alt earth Bats makes sense though)

I understand that this is a teaser image, but those bodies couldn't be there together and in non-docomposed condition either (execpt the Question...he'll be all fresh)

So far they have undone most of the significant deaths in 52 (booster, buddy)....so why really kill the Question when his has been the most obvious all the long?

Good question.  Is this a promo image for WW3, or is it some kind of year in review promo?

#24 2007-01-26 16:10:31

dcbebop

If Vic just died of cancer... why in the promo picture is he covered in blood?  Look at the newest high res pics on Newsarama.  Beetle is dead from a bullet in the head, just like he died.  Max is dead from a broken neck, just like he died.  Jade (Poor Jade sad ) is exactly as she died... even though her body was senselessly disintergrated afterward.  So why is Q covered in blood... and even with the high res pictures he looks like he has been bisected and his legs cut off.

Maybe it's a ruse, and they are using him to cover someone else?  They have been known to switch people out of pictures before, like that huge group shot that was on the new Justice League picture...

#25 2007-01-26 16:37:59

Alba Aulbath
Website

Yeah, he's totally dead now.

You know, until Shiva finds him and shoves him to Richard again.

Board footer