The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....
  • Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » This week's DC Nation reveals the big secret of 52....

#1 2007-01-17 15:03:07

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

This week's DC Nation reveals the big secret of 52....

From Newsarama.

Here is the relevant part of the DC Nation Column this week:

"This column often hints at many essential facts, but some secrets are ever important to conceal in our retention of the element of surprise. Therefore, above all objections, our one foremost thought is finally recognized and imaginatively coming to fruition. Right here this stands before you, the heart thumping meaning to what waits at our awe-inspired ending is about to see light. So that there is hardly any confusion, a code was transcribed, one easily translated as a harbinger of facts essential to those multitudes who have unilaterally followed the lives of our tenacious heroes from introduction to their various adventures and efforts. We have rallied around these said heroes, whose existence is the stuff of legend. This column's prime information is to let anyone who loves 52 have essential information to x-ecute a very informed opinion to select simply all the clues for summation.

So there you have it, the secret of 52. All you need to know about the stunning conclusion to our groundbreaking series is stated clearly in the paragraph above. Of course it doesn't touch upon the heartwrenching conclusion to Ralph Dibny's journey, the ramifications of World War Three or the ultimate fate of the space team, but it does give you an essential key to the direction of the DC Universe for the foreseeable future and where many future stories lie."

It's a cypher. One of the users at Newsarama figured it out:

Take the first letter of every third word, he says.  "THE SECRET OF FIFTY-TWO IS THAT THE MULTIVERSE STILL EXISTS. Which means...Earth-4, here we come!

#2 2007-01-17 16:05:03

Byrd68

Re: This week's DC Nation reveals the big secret of 52....

Thats the secre?

I figured that out the other night!  I also figured out that the reason that every one was going crazy was because some how they had been cut off from the rest of the multiverse and it was driving everyone mad. Mad I Say!

Plus it's the only way to explain the Captain Atom, Majestic, etc. storylines that have been cropping up.

#3 2007-01-17 16:37:49

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

I guessed that too when DC made the changes to Infinite Crisis when it was collected.  The alterations made it painfully obvious that at least earth 2 was still out there.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#4 2007-01-17 18:10:47

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

Blech.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#5 2007-01-18 09:00:42

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Blech.

but now look how easy it will be to pitch all those elsewords Question ideas wink

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#6 2007-01-18 12:22:13

Jazz Noir
Website

How utterly convoluted.

'Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' - Voltaire.

'There is no growth without birth. Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk towards the future.' - Vagrant Story.

#7 2007-01-18 16:37:59

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Anyone read JSA #2? Because I'm not a DC-buff, I'm not entirely sure but...

is Starman supposed to be Ralph Dibny? Pish, and you guys thought Civil War was contrived...

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#8 2007-01-18 16:43:35

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

I think that's supposed to be Thom Kallor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Boy

#9 2007-01-18 21:11:08

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Oook, thanks for clearing that up for me.

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#10 2007-01-19 20:32:18

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

I think that's supposed to be Thom Kallor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Boy

I so called that a couple of weeks ago*! I spent a night decyphering what he said in JSA #1.....yes I am sad (but at least it was for a internet column....or does that make it worse?)...

[*well not completely...]

Who are you?

#11 2007-03-01 00:45:42

The Xenos
Website

Aha. I finally found out what that giant paragraph meant. I guess being lazy and staying up surfing random mysterious messageboards does pay off.

• Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » This week's DC Nation reveals the big secret of 52....

Board footer