The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2006-12-10 08:37:39

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Holy Find Azrael !

So I was just unearthing some of the last boxes of Christmas decor and trimmings from storage and came upon a "lost" box of Azrael comics including #10 (Vic Sage's slightly more than a cameo appearance) and Azrael + The Question !   I knew I had those somewhere.

Review to be posted soon...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#2 2006-12-10 20:45:09

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

Re: Holy Find Azrael !

Oooh, spiffy! My local comic store had everything in the Azrael series but Azrael + The Question, is it even worth tracking down?

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#3 2006-12-11 04:44:01

Gabo
Little Eno
Website

I've ordered Azrael+The Question and it should arrive in 10 days... I hope I like it!

#4 2006-12-11 13:16:27

Outsider

Oooh, spiffy! My local comic store had everything in the Azrael series but Azrael + The Question, is it even worth tracking down?

My opinion: yes, yes it is. Two words: Junior Musto.

#5 2006-12-11 13:20:04

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

It's written by Dennis O'Neil and fits right in with his original DC series.

The story brings back Junior Musto, The boy so bent on pleasing his Dad that he scarred his face with acid.  He plays off the character of Azrael well, since he too has Father issues.

This comic feels more of a Question story that Azrael is in, opposed to a guest appearance by the Question in AZ's book.  We are brought up to date (at that point) what Vic has been up to (inhailing second hand cancer causing smoke in gambling facilities while not being Q for over a year) as well as giving enough of the Azrael character back story for those not that familiar with him.

The art is better than that in The Question Returns, but it's not going to make you seek out anything else done by Vince Giarrano.  Q does not have eye holes in his mask here, so life is good.

If you like the O'Neil run, this is for you then.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

Board footer