The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2011-09-05 06:05:37

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Q in the new "52" DCnU

In a q&a with Dan Didio...

Quote:Q: Is Reene Montoya still the Question and is Vic Sage still dead?"
A:"Renee will be seen as a member of the Gotham City Police Force."

Source:
http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/s … count=3298

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#2 2011-09-07 05:38:28

Squashy Josh
Website

Re: Q in the new "52" DCnU

Nice find j3h! Good to see you're still about smile

So, does this mean that Renee will no longer be The Question, or that she will be The Question in conjunction with being a police officer (much like Vic was The Question to compliment his jounalism)? I hope for the latter, since I loved her dual relationship with Kate Kane/Batwoman (the new series I'm looking forward to most).

#3 2011-09-07 11:47:33

Byrd68

Ooohhh wouldn't that be cool...

#4 2011-09-07 12:13:37

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Hey guys!
Didio sure made sure his answer pretty vage huh? wink

every chance I get to communicate with someone at DC who has the possibility to do anything with The Question, whether it's on twitter, in person, or forum, or whatever, I bring up how the new DC would be great to have both Vic and Renee both acting as The Question! It allows the opportunity to explore and expand the dynamic established in 52 between the pair as both a mentorship and partnership.  Imagine a shadowy Question starting to appear in Scott Snyder's Batman...obscured enough that gender can't be established. Renee is still a cop, Vic is still a TV investigative reporter. Both partner up using their proffessional skills & contacts, and then use the Question identity to get the answers they can't in their "day job".

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#5 2011-09-28 07:01:36

Squashy Josh
Website

j3h wrote:

Hey guys!
Didio sure made sure his answer pretty vage huh? wink

every chance I get to communicate with someone at DC who has the possibility to do anything with The Question, whether it's on twitter, in person, or forum, or whatever, I bring up how the new DC would be great to have both Vic and Renee both acting as The Question! It allows the opportunity to explore and expand the dynamic established in 52 between the pair as both a mentorship and partnership.  Imagine a shadowy Question starting to appear in Scott Snyder's Batman...obscured enough that gender can't be established. Renee is still a cop, Vic is still a TV investigative reporter. Both partner up using their proffessional skills & contacts, and then use the Question identity to get the answers they can't in their "day job".

I love this idea, and it made me think of another interestin dichotomy that could be introduced with the advent of this reboot:

I always wished that there had been more of an explaination of the intellectual process by which Vic went from a staunch Objectivist to someone living by Zen philosophy. I think it would be riveting to have Vic and Renee encompass one of the philosophical approaches each, and see how they juxtapose. I'd initially imagined Vic being the Objectivist and Renee being all Zen, since that would be closer to the original characters, but I think it would make more sense for Renee to be the Objectivist of the two, given her profession and experiences in Gotham.

#6 2011-10-06 23:50:50

Squashy Josh
Website

According to Batwoman #2 Renee is still The Question. Behold.

Board footer