The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....
  • Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » New Question Stories begining with Detective #854

#1 2009-03-24 12:43:44

Byrd68

New Question Stories begining with Detective #854

It's True!!! Beginning with Detective #854, The Question will return to his roots as a back-up story.

This will be Renee Question, and Illustrated by Cully Hamner!!!!

Great Interview with Cully Hamner at Newsarama.

DETECTIVE COMICS #854
Written by Greg Rucka
Art by JH Williams and Cully Hamner
Cover by JH Williams
Variant cover by JG Jones
“Elegy” part 1 of 4! A new era in the history of DETECTIVE COMICS begins as Batwoman is unleashed on Gotham City! Marked by the blood-red bat, Kate Kane is a soldier fighting her own private war – one that began years ago and haunts her every waking moment. With a script by Greg Rucka and breath-taking art by JH Williams III, you've never seen anything like this!
Featuring the debut of a new co-feature starring The Question written by Rucka! Odds against you? Alone and nowhere to turn? Willing to fight, but you don't know how? When you're searching everywhere for an answer, sometimes all you need to do is ask the right Question. Renee Montoya again dons the faceless mask to help those in need, all the while searching for her own answers in this new adventure with art by Cully Hamner (BLUE BEETLE).
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by JH Williams III ), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by JG Jones). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale June 24 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

#2 2009-03-24 17:19:07

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Re: New Question Stories begining with Detective #854

Definately looking foward to this

(woot...post #1K)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#3 2009-03-24 21:48:30

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Oh yes.

Who are you?

#4 2009-03-25 12:08:09

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

This is what I've had to sit on this month. I really, really, like them:

http://www.vicsage.com/wp/news/cully-ha … -question/

#5 2009-03-25 12:31:56

Byrd68

Those are too sweet.

I'm so looking forward to this.

I like the fact that he's attached to the fedora and suit.  That picture of her walking.  Much more disconcerting I think than Vic.

#6 2009-03-30 20:31:40

?
Conspiracy Theorist
Website

Wow, can't wait to pick it up.... or rather it, unwrap it from my DCBS package.

Who are you?

#7 2009-04-03 20:34:04

NoFaceGuy

Looks better with short hair.  Nice art.  Still don't care about Renee...

#8 2009-04-06 13:33:44

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

I may need to get over my long-standing feud with my local comic store guy and investigate this. I'm still of mixed feelings on Renee, but I love Hamner's art.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#9 2009-07-01 21:00:57

Bagoth

On wordballoon.com they have an interview with Greg Rucka about his stuff on Detective comics. It's pretty informative about whats coming and Rucka's mindset when dealing with Montoya as The Question. But it makes me wince because I have this beautiful idea for a Question comic, god I want to write so bad.

Last edited by Bagoth (2009-07-01 21:13:18)

Question Authority - A virtual comic series coming soon.

#10 2009-07-04 07:52:21

Squashy Josh
Website

I've bought Detective Comics #854 and I think it is superb. Easily one of the best beginnings to a new series I have ever read. Kate Kane is without doubt, my favorite bat-character. J. H. Williams III is one of the best comic book artists I've seen, and since reading the Batman trade 'Snow' I'd be interested to know if he has much creative input into the writing of Detective Comics, since his writing skills were, in my opinion, fantastic.

I was very impressed by The Question short, apart from the fact that it was much too short. The art took me a while to get used to. since the colour scheme made me think very much of the recent Blue Beetle series. I loved the idea of Renee and Tot setting up a website to help them help others. It' nice that with a new Question,new, more contemporary methods are being used. I wasn't  huge fan of Renee's outfit. Her going blonde when in uniform seems very odd and I wasn't sure if I liked the all blue suit: seemed more. tacky than referential.

I'm still a huge fan though. I read an interview it Rucka that says he is planning to address Vic's romance with Helena Bertinelli in 'Huntress: Cry For Blood' when she makes an appearance in an upcoming issue. That alone has me on the edge of my seat. This is without doubt the best comic book out there at the moment.

#11 2009-07-09 14:21:25

HAWkK
The Wallpaper Man

True , true ,true  the best combo you can get from Greg Rucka

• Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » New Question Stories begining with Detective #854

Board footer