The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....
  • Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » Continuity error between Question Quarterly and Cry for Blood?

#1 2009-03-21 10:42:04

NotNamedJohn
Website

Continuity error between Question Quarterly and Cry for Blood?

Well, this has been bugging me awhile and I wondered if anyone else noticed it or cared about it.

See, in Question Quarterly #2 (spoilers coming up if you haven't read it yet) Myra's kid, Jackie, dies.  But in Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood #3, the Question refers to Jackie as having been living with Myra for the last 18 months.

So is this a blatant error, or did Vic have a child with Myra named in Jackie's memory, or is Jackie the "someone else" Vic says she found, or what?

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." - Ayn Rand
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it." - Ayn Rand

#2 2009-03-21 14:37:32

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Re: Continuity error between Question Quarterly and Cry for Blood?

GR: …Heh. Have to see if it’ll fly, but I think I know where we could do it.

I don’t even remember the plot precisely — I think it was that Tot contacted Charlie and told him that something had happened with Myra. It was going to be very soap opera in some ways; Helena the new girl meets Myra the old girl kinda thing. And it was going to, ideally, resolve a lot of the unresolved stuff that Jackie’s death had left behind.

EN: Well, maybe you shouldn’t give too much away, just in case….

GR: Oh, no fear. Things always change in the writing. And the writer I was then and the writer I am now are so different, I couldn’t write the story the same way if I tried. Though I still think Jackie’s death was never adequately dealt with.

EN: Especially since, if I remember right, that was the book that had the pages printed backwards at the most anti-climactic moment possible.

GR: Oh yes. It was so ‘effed up, in fact, I remember literally having to ask Denny if Jackie was actually dead dead dead or not. And Denny needed a couple minutes before he could remember.

EN: The first time I read them, I went through at least three times trying to make sense of it before I noticed the page numbers.

GR: Bad sign when you can’t remember if the little girl died or not. Worse sign if the writer can’t remember.

EN: You might not remember this, but when that specific issue of CFB came out, there was a dork shitstorm over the fact that you had Barbara Gordon call Robin “Tim.”

GR: I have vague memories. There were dork shitstorms over half of what I did back then. Come to think of it, there’re shitstorms over half of what I do today, it seems.

EN: But I was the one weirdo that e-mailed you to point out that Jackie was dead, but that it would be great if you could ret-con that. I always thought it would be fun to see that surrogate father-daughter situation played out.

GR: That was you?!?

EN: That was me.

GR: Denny and I were BOTH so embarrassed by that. Like I said, it was bad that I’d missed it. It was infinitely worse that he, the EDITOR and WRITER, had missed it. I think he regretted doing it, actually. But I don’t know for sure.

EN: I bet I was the only one in the whole readership who noticed.

GR: Oh, no. You were just the only one to write about it.

#3 2009-03-21 22:22:02

ryumega

I tried reading that one and it confused me to.

"GR: That was you?!?

EN: That was me."

Haha ah just like the Question; holing people accountable.

"Professional liar and avid miss-speller"

#4 2009-03-25 09:54:17

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

Well, cry for blood took place before the current DC universal fix-all-F-ups (superboy prime cosmic wall punch)...so let's just agree that Jakie's miraculous resurection was due to the previous Dc universal fix-all-F-ups, aka Zero Hour.
it could be the only time we see it's effects on the common citizen of the DCU.
Why jackie?
That is a question... 

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

• Index
  •  » Q? at DC
  •  » Continuity error between Question Quarterly and Cry for Blood?

Board footer