The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2006-07-02 07:59:55

Carter
takes a punch with style
Website

Thunder over the Abyss

It depresses me that some obscure book sites online have in the past listed this, even with an ISBN (such at this site). However, I don't know of any plans to release The Question by O'Neil and Cowan as a trade, which is depressing. As I raided my local comic shop for back issues, I found that many of the older clerks remembered it fondly and many of the clerks around my age were very interested in the character. I don't know if a trade like this would sell well, in fact it probably wouldn't, but it would feel so satisfying to have at least some of the major arcs in trade.

"Art is about our fourth survival priority. And one can only assume that it therefore must have importance." - Alan Moore

#2 2006-07-03 11:30:31

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

Re: Thunder over the Abyss

I think it would sell fair-to-middlin', with all the recent interest in the character. The cover for the piece was going to be a recolored panel from one of the first few issues:

http://www.vicsage.com/promo/thunderoverabyss.jpg

--Eric

#3 2006-07-05 20:49:14

DirtKobain

I bought the entire run of the O'Neil series on Ebay a bit ago. I am sure if DC put him into a new book with top talent and enough guest stars, it would drum up enough interest to warrant a tpb of those issues. His bit in 52 is great, I hope Lee and Miller stick with putting him into All Star Batman like Lee mentioned back in a Wizard issue.

#4 2006-07-06 04:36:13

SlightlyMad

I spent many years raiding back issues sections of comi stores trying to complete my O'Neil Question collection & only finished last year when I got the first 2 issues of a seller on eBay. If they do decide to collect the issues in trades, I hope they include the letter pages, which were more of a book group talking about the books that Denis O'Neil recommended at the end of each issue. I actually haave a copy of The Tao of Pooh & Te of Piglet from one recommendation, but haven't read it yet!

I imagine if they release Question trades, they will probably be Showcase editions (black & white reprints like Marvels "Essential" books).

#5 2006-07-10 06:29:48

Gabo
Little Eno
Website

They definitely should release The Question in TPs, it's too good a series to miss. And they should do it under the Vertigo line.

#6 2006-08-10 16:23:46

walkwithcrowds

I agree with SLIGHTLY MAD (cool name).

The letters page in the Question were sometimes as interesting as the comics themselves. 

I discovered quite a few of my favourite books from the "Recomended Reading List".

Be Lucky

#7 2006-12-13 21:12:21

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

How far along in production does a book have to be to be assigned an ISBN #? 

And I wonder why they picked that particular piece of art over the original issue #1 cover by Bill Sei....I'm not even going to try to spell his name correctly, or using some of the really cool promo art made for the series???

Either way, how long ago was this axed?  Under the current EIC and head of the trade book program?  Could the mere mention of how close it got to being published get them to look at it with fresh eyes?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#8 2006-12-13 21:23:45

Eric
Site Administrator
Website

I'd guess early 90s. At least 10 years ago....

Board footer