The Question

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to the high number of false-bannings lately, I've taken down Akismet, and am opting to manually approve new members. If you're a new member and want to expedite the process of being upgraded in member status, shoot me an email at noface@vicsage.com. I'm hoping to find a better solution in the near future....

#1 2008-12-18 07:49:42

Mr.A
A = Mr. A

Question as Urban Shaman

Sadly, it hasn't been collected in a TPB, so the best bet in my experience is to search through the back issues at your local comic book store. It shouldn't be too difficult to find, as the series was fairly recent.
Themes? Well, I couldn't rightly say, I haven't read the series in a while. From what I remember there's a running concept of death, rebirth, and the afterlife, as well as the question of how real one's beliefs are. Sadly, it's a little disjointed, as it was originally intended to be part of a mini-crossover that never came to be, so there are a few odd plot threads which don't get wrapped up entirely satisfactorily. The rest of it's great though, some good dialogue, excellent fight scenes, and the art is superb.

The world spins mad. The people are so intoxicated by luxury they forget everything that makes us more than house pets. Reason. Truth. Justice. Freedom. The human spirit is a shattered pane of glass – wrapped in soft velvet and soaked in sugary poison.

#2 2008-12-18 10:01:03

TheAnswer

Re: Question as Urban Shaman

Along the same lines, does anyone know for sure if they're gonna continue releasing Question stories after the O'Neil/Cowan run? It's probably too early to tell, but you never know.

"The answer is meaningless without the question" - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

#3 2008-12-18 16:35:33

JoeBentley

I'm not a huge fan of the Veitch/Edwards run.  I didn't like the mystical aspect being added onto the character and frankly consider it the Question equivalent to that horrid "Undead Punisher" series from way back.  Certain characters just work well with a strong founding in the real world.  It still had a nice moment or two, Sage on the train futzing with the little girls puzzle made for a decent character moment, but overall the whole series would of been a lot better with another character in the lead.

I was thrilled to see Vic return to his down to earth self in 52... just in time to be killed off.

#4 2008-12-19 00:34:08

Flash1087
The "Wizard"
Website

I myself adore the Devil's in the Details series, as it was actually my first exposure to The Question. I love Vic's characterization in it, and although his powers are...frankly ridiculous, they're handled in such a way that makes them interesting. The art is also breathtaking at times. I re-read this series constantly, and mourn the fact it'll likely never be continued.

Luckily, it was recent enough that a lot of comic stores should still have it in a back issue bin, or the collection shouldn't be too pricey were it to show up on eBay.

"RAND PROTECT US! THAT'S THE BEE'S KNEES!"-Mistah A

#5 2009-01-23 12:35:27

j3h
Custom Made Moderator
Website

I have to say that I love JoeBently's avatar!

Is there a large size of that somewhere?  I would like to add it to my massive screensaver slideshow file of Comic Art if possible.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/avatars/QuestionSanityBanner.jpg

#6 2009-01-25 09:37:28

JoeBentley

j3h wrote:

I have to say that I love JoeBently's avatar!

Thank You!  I wish I could take credit for it.

Is there a large size of that somewhere?  I would like to add it to my massive screensaver slideshow file of Comic Art if possible.

Ask and ye shall receive.

The image is from a DeviantArt user named 2DJimmyN.  Here's a link to a full sized 676×562 version of it.

http://2djimmyn.deviantart.com/art/Ipod … n-75890195

Board footer