The Question Quarterly #1
"Any Man's Death" - Autumn 1990
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Bill Wray
- Associate Editor: Katie Main
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan
- Published by DC Comics
Vic, in the middle of the Brazillian rainforest, is haunted by dreams of drowning and a strange voice inside of his head. He wakes up with a bump on his head, and a missing, presumed kidnapped Jackie.
Apparently, she was kidnapped by drug dealers, whom Vic jumps in and mixes up with. After he's subdued by a tranquilizer dart, he's introduced to their leader, Terry, who proposes that Vic kill a rival drug dealer in exchange for Jackie.
Vic goes to the town of Silva de Plata, where he stumbles into a city-wide masquerade party. He buys a fedora and a trenchcoat, and steals a featureless mask from a party-goer. Putting them all on, he becomes the Question again.
He seeks out the intended victim, the masked Janice. She gets away, and seemingly heads to meet Terry, but as Vic puts two and two together, he realizes that Terry is Janice.
The climactic ending, in which Vic takes Janice/Terry's life to save Jackie's carry definite repercussions for Vic....
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Terry / Janice
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion