The Question v.1 #35
"Let Nothing You Dismay" - Mar. 1990
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Malcolm Jones III
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Asst. Editor: Katie Main
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
- Published by DC Comics
While Myra and Richard Dragon search for Vic, Izzy O'Toole pursues a armed robber who fits the Question's description. He catches up to the perp at Tot's house.
Tot realizes that this faceless man is not Vic and is relieved. Izzy shoots the masked killer in the chest and takes a bullet in the arm himself.
Izzy pursues the wounded man until the perp drops. O'Toole loses faith in being an honest cop when he believes that his guardian angel has crossed the line. He is even more disappointed when he unmasks the dead killer and recognizes him as a repeat offender.
Vic stumbles to the church where he was abandoned. He dreams his faceless mother tells him to leave Hub City.
Myra and Richard find Vic's wrecked car and blood on the seat. They follow Richard's instincts to the church where they find their naked and battered friend.
Vic tells Myra his mother told them to leave Hub City.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- "Smelly" Melly Warder
- Izzy O'Toole
- Richard Dragon
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Tot Rodor
- Vic Sage / The Question
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion