The Question v.1 #33
"Harold" - Dec. 1989
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Malcolm Jones III
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Asst. Editor: Katie Main
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan
- Published by DC Comics
Mayor Fermin gives corrupt Judge Elmer Whelperson a choice -- He can quit or get fired.
Whelperson acquits brutal killer Carlton Fregosi in exchange for the death of the mayor and anyone who happens to be with her. The Question tries to stop the killer but he is overpowered by the mammoth man.
Fregosi goes to City Hall where Myra is with her mentally handicapped daughter and a mute hunchback who repaired her car. Fregosi traps them in the elevator, which picks that very moment to break down.
Harold, the hunchback mechanical whiz gets the elevator going and out of harm's way. But Jackie starts to have a seizure and Myra becomes desperate to get her daughter back to the car where her medicine is.
Harold leads them out of the elevator as Fregosi breaks in. The hunchback traps the killer between floors and quietly slips away as the Question arrives at the scene after the crisis is past.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Jackie Connelly
- Tot Rodor
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Carlton "Cathy" Fregosi
- Judge Whelperson
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion