The Question v.1 #32
"The Peacemaker" - Nov. 1989
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Malcolm Jones III
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Asst. Editor: Katie Main
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
- Published by DC Comics
A Vietnam war hero is asked by his neighbors to participate in Mayor Fermin's neighborhood patrol program. He reluctantly agrees, but refuses to carry a weapon.
The man is tormented by memories of his men being being killed because he failed to act, remembering a young Vietcong boy wearing a red shirt running away that later ran the guns that killed his men.
When a sniper takes potshots at the neighborhood patrol the veteran takes a pistol and pursues what he thinks is the red shirt boy, but is in reality an illusionary enemy. His pursuit culminates in gunning down an innocent boy, and he turns the gun on himself.
Meanwhile, Myra asks Vic to get her in touch with the Question. He wonders if the mayor suspects that he is the faceless vigilante as goes out on a patrol of his own as the Question.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- William Palmer
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Vic Sage / The Question
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion