The Question v.1 #25
"Skells" - Feb. 1989
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Rick Magyar
- Lettering: Gaspar
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
- Published by DC Comics
In the vacuum left after Myra is shot by her husband, Wesley Fermin, the city falls into turmoil. Myra herself remains in serious condition.
A couple of two-bit skells knock a liquor store then flee to the top floor of a building where they take two hostages. Wesley Fermin in the meantime takes refuge with one of his biggest campaign supporters. Sundert offers the drunken former mayor reassurance that he did the right thing when he shot Myra.
Vic vacates himself from the station to sulk and to search for Sundert. He finds Sundert but he is too late to stop Wesley Fermin from riding off like Teddy Roosevelt to the site of the police standoff with the skells.
Like Roosevelt at San Juan Hill he charges the skells, killing both but dying from return fire.
In Vic's absence from the station his date from the night before does his broadcast.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Wesley Fermin
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Jerry Thatcher
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Izzy O'Toole
- Tot Rodor
- Newsroom Assistant
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion