The Question v.1 #23
"Election Day: Welcome To Oz" - Winter 1988
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Rick Magyar
- Lettering: Gaspar
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
- Published by DC Comics
As election day proceeds, Dinsmore and his campaign manager send the Huns out to bribe homeless into voting for Dinsmore, as well as intimidate and beat up potential voters for Myra. Tot is among the victims, refusing to tell the Huns who he's voting for.
When Vic hears of Tot's injuries he leaves mid-broadcast. He is torn between doing his job to tell the truth or acting to prevent Dinsmore from winning. He chooses to take action as The Question.
The Question hospitalizes a few of the Huns and then uses his news broadcast to spread the rumor that they OD'ed from bad drugs. When the Savage Huns hear this, they turn on their employer, leaving the streets safe for voters of all political persuasions.
Vic goes to get a statement from the candidate. His first stop is Royal Dinsmore's headquarters. He arrives just as the Huns are about to burn the crooked politician alive.
Vic steps in as the Question but he is soon overpowered too. The bikers douse him in gasoline.
Wesley Fermin accuses Myra of being a defeatist and a faithless communist. She gives him an acidic reply, after which the mayor leaves to play with his pistol.
All during the election shenanigans, a large tornado makes a beeline for Hub City.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Rance Dinsmore
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Royal Dinsmore
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Petey "The Pitchman" Peters
- Tot Rodor
- Izzy O'Toole
- Wesley Fermin
- Billy the Hun
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion