The Question v.1 #20
"Send in the Clowns" - Oct. 1988
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Art: Rick Magyar
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Rick Magyar
- Published by DC Comics
Just prior to the debate, a former coworker of Myra and Vic's comes unhinged as a result of seeing Myra and Vic's last fling. He exposes himself on live television during his regular spot appearing as a clown.
Royal Dinsmore's racist rhetoric inflames three men, giving them justification to kill another clown with a visiting circus believing him to be the one who exposed himself.
Released from the hospital, the disturbed clown finds his way to the circus where he is welcomed. However, the killers also go to the circus with the intention of killing the right clown.
Vic Sage also heads to the circus looking for a story. He arrives in time to stop the bigots from claiming another clown, and then spends the night adding a clowny-touch to Dinsmore's campaign posters.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Mike "Mikey the Clown" Rappaport
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Royal Dinsmore
- Candidate Jazlett
- Beany, the Human Skeleton
- The Fat Lady
- Ralph "Bobo the Clown" Dexley
- Tot Rodor
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion