The Question v.1 #17
"A Dream of Rorschach" - June 1988
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Rick Magyar
- Lettering: Willie Schubert
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz
- A very special thanks to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
- Published by DC Comics
Robert Leroy Parker breaks his partner, Sundance, out of the Hub City Central Facility by posing as the murderer's lawyer and sneaking plastic guns past the metal detectors.
Vic pursues them to the rooftop where they board their helicopter. He grabs ahold of the bottom of the copter, and tries to ride it out, but loses his grip and falls on an elderly man who was waiting for the Angel of Death.
The man dies but the reporter survives, infuriating Vic. He decides to make this battle personal.
Vic tracks Parker to Seattle, reading the Watchmen on the plane, and wondering what it would be like to be Rorshach. Before he goes, Tot warns him about keeping his anger and curiosity under control. In a sleazy bar he meets a man who promises to help him. The man spikes his drink and knocks him in the head with a blackjack.
Vic manages to get away and trails the man to his house. Pondering what Rorschach would do, Vic jumps in through the window and is shortly pistol-whipped by the man's partner.
The pair of thugs take Vic up in the mountain where they're under orders from Parker to kill him.
A pair of arrows fly out of the darkness, however -- Vic is saved by the timely arrival of Green Arrow.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Mr. Hilkey
- Robert LeRoy "Butch Cassidy" Parker
- Sundance Kid
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Tot Rodor
- Walter Kovacs / Rorschach
- Oliver Queen / Green Arrow
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion