The Question v.1 #12
"Poisoned Ground" - Jan. 1988
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Denys Cowan
- Inks: Rick Magyar
- Lettering: Gaspar
- Colors: Tatjana Wood
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz
- Published by DC Comics
Myra and Vic share a secret rendezvous for one last fling before she announces that her candidacy for Mayor.
On his way back to Hub City, Vic stops by the scene of a murder in Parson's Acres, a well-to-do suburb of Hub City. The method of operations matches that of Baby Gun, the obese murderer that tried to kill the Question by shooting him in the head with a small caliber gun.
When another man dies, Vic's investigation leads to Pete Carstairs, the man who developed Parson's Acres. The builder has been reduced to a raving lunatic, ranting about how the victims tried to blackmail him with threats of exposing the fact that the suburb is built on a toxic waste dump, and of his hiring Baby Gun to kill them.
The blackmailers' allegations prove to be true. The Question returns to Carstairs' home to learn how he contacted Baby Gun. He finds Carstairs dead and turning a light shade of blue, while the obese and stupid Baby Gun pigs out on Carstairs' poisoned ice cream. Does Baby Gun die...? Happy Halloween.
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Baby Gun
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Myra Connelly Fermin
- The New Girl in the Office
- Pete Carstairs
- Colonel Rory
- Tot Rodor
- Wesley Fermin
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
- "I Was a Teen-Age Comics Artist" - Interview with Denys Cowan
- Catching Up With Denys Cowan - Interview with Newsarama
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion