Green Arrow Annual #3
"A Walk in the Wind" - May 1990
- Script: Dennis O'Neil
- Pencils: Tom Artis
- Inks: Bill Wray
- Lettering: John Costanza
- Colors: Julia Lacquement
- Associate Editor: Katie Main
- Editor: Mike Gold
- Cover: Dan Jurgens and Dick Giordano
- Published by DC Comics
Vic and Jackie journey to the Amazon with Ollie and Dinah to meet with "Cattle Rancher" Mr. Lacquer.
Lacquer has a job for Dinah and Ollie...to recover a rare flower from an area guarded by "madmen," for his dying mother. Something about Lacquer bothers the gang, but they decide to take the job anyway.
Their first feelings about Lacquer are correct. Ollie and Dinah meet with the chief of the tribe who guards the flower, and they learn the truth: Lacquer's a bigtime drug dealer, who coincidentally, just beat up Vic and plans to sell Jackie into white slavery.
A confrontation ensues at the Lacquer estate, that ends up with Vic, Jackie, Ollie and Dinah getting away, Lacquer re-thinking his problems with his overbearing, dying mother, and Vic and Jackie deciding to stay in the jungle....
A more complete summary coming soon!
- Vic Sage / The Question
- Oliver Queen / Green Arrow
- Dinah Lance / Black Canary
- Mr. Lacquer
- Mama Lacquer
Trivia / Minutiae
- The Official DC Comics Website
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Mikel Midnight's Golden Age Directory
- Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Who's Whose in the DC Universe
- The Denny O'Neil Message Board at World Famous Comics Community
- From the Cyber-Den at World Famous Comics Community
- The O'Neil Observer Internet Archive cache
- Interview with Denny O'Neil - Conducted by staff of VicSage.com
Views From Other Sources
Got a review? E-mail us!
Book Club Discussion